SobekCM : Digital Content Management System
SobekCM is the software engine which powers both the University of Florida Digital Collections (UFDC) and the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) digital repositories.
SobekCM allows users to discover online resources via semantic and full-text searches, as well as a variety of different browse mechanisms. For each digital resource in the repository there are a plethora of display options, which may be selected by an appropriately authenticated use. This repository includes online metadata editing and online submissions in support of institutional repositories.
This software was developed at the George A. Smathers Library at the University of Florida by a team lead by Mark Sullivan, with ongoing effort spanning several departments. Additional user testing, input, and resources have been contributed from other libraries, universities, and archives around Florida, the Caribbean, and beyond. See the credits for more information.
SobekCM is released as open source software under the GNU GPL license and can be downloaded from the SobekCM Software Download Site.
Below is a brief overview of what you will find at this site:
- Project Home contains the basic information about this project and a link to the community implementations.
- User Help has information to assist users with permissions to make upload or edit digital resource, curate a digital collection, or perform system administrative tasks.
- Technical Help provides more technical information about the system for those who wish to either run their own instance or contribute to the project.
- The Download Center has links to download the repository software and other helpful tools.
- Code Details provides help on the different classes, methods, and libraries used by the system. This documentation is updated nightly.